Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whatup!

okay so i'm worried that this blog is coming across as me thinking i'm uh "reviewing" these shows. I mean yeah opinion comes into it, but really i'm just trying to structure my thoughts around how things i'm seeing is working and also giving some impetus to being more active in *thinking* about the art i'm looking at, and i suppose engaging in a more holistic way with things i see in general.


I've just got back from a trip to dublin where I visited 10 galleries including IMMA, the RHA , Hugh Lane and Douglas Hyde and so i reckon I saw at least fifteen exhibitions in the space of about five hours! Without taking notes. And caught cold wandering around Dublin in the cold I think! So over the next couple of days hopefully there will be a couple of posts about the shows that i thought were particularly great, with a special shout out to Fergus Feehily who was the main reason I had to get up to Dublin as soon as I had two days off work together and whose show at Douglas Hyde not only did not disappoint but far outstripped my own inflated expectations.


Oh and there is the Tulca festival which is on in Galway over the next few days in Galway which I have yet to see beyond the opening show (which i attended immediately after stepping off the bus from my Dublin trip so, you know, was a little burnt out by then)

No comments: